Your dream career is just around the corner
first line it support technician
Chichester | Full Time | 37.5 Hours
We are currently recruiting for a First Line IT Support Technician to join our IT Department at our Head Office, Chichester. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is experienced in an IT Support/ Service Desk environment to provide high quality 1st line support to support in a customer focused role.
· To provide 1st line support to all Covers employees for business purposes only.
· Call logging of incidents, queries and requests received either via the telephone, email or in person.
· Initial response and first line resolution of Helpdesk Calls where possible, and escalation to 2nd/3rd line or 3rd party vendors where not possible.
· Configure and install new equipment.
· Creation of user accounts across all IT systems used within Covers for new starters, and deletion/disabling of accounts for leavers. Assist with onboarding of new users.
· Provide support for operating systems and applications.
· To support bespoke internal applications as well as dealing with 3rd party suppliers.
· Carrying out on-site repairs and modifications when required at all Covers branches.
· Maintain hardware (PC’s, Printers, Servers and related equipment - monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc - and software setup/configuration documentation and IT audit records. Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed.
· Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users.
· Monitoring of daily tasks, such as backups, to ensure successful completion, and to notify, and fix/escalate upon failure.
1st line / Service Desk Support Experience
Strong troubleshooting and diagnosis skills for users
Good working knowledge of Servers, Networks, PC, laptop and printer hardware
Competency in full MS Office suite
Strong customer service focus
Keen interest in IT and new technologies
Enthusiastic to learn
Excellent telephone manner with good interpersonal and communication skills
Hardworking, flexible and reliable with a positive 'can do’ attitude
Knowledge of the following would be desirable; ERP Systems, VoIP telephony, thin clients, remote desktops and VMWare
Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 07.30am to 16.30pm with a one hour break for lunch. You will also be required to be part of rota to provide out-of-hours support on Saturdays.