Your dream career is just around the corner
ECOMMERCE Assistant - APPRENTICE
Chichester Depot |Full Time
To keep up with the ever-growing demand of our E commerce business, we have just recently migrated our E-Commerce website to Magento 2, working with a new development agency, SEO company and software. With our upgraded trading website now online we now require an E commerce Assistant – Apprentice to provide administrative support for the digital department and to assist in the daily maintenance of our e-commerce platforms.
The Ecommerce Assistant, reporting to the E-Commerce Manager and digital team, will play a key role in the growth of our online presence. This will be a very hands-on role, which will mean working alongside various internal and external teams. The role requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication acumen and high attention to detail.
The successful applicant will also undertake a Level 3 in Digital Marketing whilst undertaking their normal duties. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to pursue a career in Ecommerce / Digital Marketing.
In order to be successful in the role, you will be exposed to all areas of the business including production, sales, transport and administration. So you must be prepared that one day a week you will be seconded to a different department.
Main responsibilities: will include but are not limited to assisting with all E-commerce Manager daily duties:
· Merchandising of pages to ensure our customers can easily find our most popular products
· On-going maintenance of online product catalogue – ensuring data and imagery is correct
· Liaising with product managers and digital team to keep product catalogue relevant and up to date, as well as directly with suppliers
· Listing new products online using our PIM Akeneo and ensuring the digital team are being informed of new products and product changes
· Being the first point of contact for online customer queries both over the phone and via online chat service and reporting on this to the digital team on a monthly basis
· On page checks to ensure customer experience and journey matches the Covers offline standard and the website is running in line with our omni-channel brand vision
Personal Attributes Required:
· Highly organised with a excellent attention to detail
· Strong time management and ability to work to deadlines
· Confident written and verbal communication skills
· Creative and driven, with a perfectionist attitude
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
Technical Skills Required:
· Must be computer and tech literate
· Some knowledge of the merchant industry preferable, or willingness to learn about Covers product catalogue
· Customer service experience with excellent communication skills
This is a government funded apprenticeship scheme and therefore attracts an apprenticeship rate of pay of £13,000 per annum. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 08.00am to 17.00pm with a one hour break for lunch.